It was great seeing all of you at A & J Select Market last night. People were blown away by how tasty my chicken bone broth soup is, so I want to post the recipe so that everyone can make it. If you like my bone broth, just imagine it with protein and even more seasoning and flavor added to the already delicious broth. You will love it.
Best Chicken Soup Recipe Ever
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 ½ -2 lbs Chicken (I roasted a chicken and pulled off the meat and
- 1-2 Tbsp of Pink Himilayan or Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp course ground pepper
- 2-3 quarts of Simply Fine Gourmet Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 cup of water
- 8 minced cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of diced sweet onions
- 1 bunch of scallions (white and green)
- 2 cups carrots
- 2 cups sweet potato (peeled and chopped small)
- 1 small bunch of spinach, chopped in thin slices
- 2 cups of celery
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1-2 Tbsp. Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Coriander (smashed from seeds will be more fragrant)
- 2 Tbsp (minced) of any fresh herbs you have on hand ( I used sage and
- Anchovy Paste to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Penzy’s Liquid Taco Seasoning (optional)
- Heat up olive oil and sautee onions on medium heat until transparent
(approximately 5-7 minutes)
- Toss in the carrots, celery and scallions along with 1 Tbsp of Salt,
Pepper, Cumin, Coriander and stir for 1-2 minutes
- Add White Wine and stir until alcohol has absorbed (about 1-2 minute)
- Add in garlic, bone broth, chicken, water and start bringing to a boil.
- After about 20 minutes of heating up add the sweet potatoes and the
spinach. By adding the potatoes now it’ll keep them from getting
mushy and it will keep the spinach fresher.
- Once it boils, re-season to your liking. If it need salt then add a large
squirt of anchovy paste. If it’s needing more depth of flavor add more
cumin. Keep on adding anchovy paste until it suits your taste.
- Add 2 Tbsp. Penzy’s Taco Seasoning (this is a little spicy) So start with 1
Tbsp and go from there. Or you can just leave it out.
- Simmer for another 20 minutes or so until the potatoes and cooked
Pick up a few quarts of Simply Fine Gourmet Bone Broth at any of these locations: http://simplyfinegourmet.com/where-to-buy/
To your health.
Beth Kandell is the owner and chef at Simply Fine Gourmet. Find her delicious high-quality, grass-fed beef bone broth and organic chicken bone broth at The Farm Stand in Hood River, Oregon and Wintzer Acupuncture in Camas, Washington — or order online today.