This Quinoa recipe has been my favorite for years. It’s my go to to get myself back in balance and to put a little healthy grain back in my diet. I try to go mostly paleo.
I know it’s easy to fall into comfort food when we are all going through such a stressful time with staying home and social distancing. I get it and I’ve been guilty of doing the same thing. But, we need some balance and good food to counteract our cheesy, sweet indulgences. Something to build our immune system and keep us strong.
The flavors are delicious. If you are a garlic lover you could press a ¼ of a clove of fresh garlic in the oil vinegar dressing and that will add even another dimension of flavor.
It’s super filling and it’s pack with nutrients and protein. You can even add cooked chicken or tofu and baby peas if you’d like.
Beth’s Favorite Quinoa Recipe
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Vegetable stock or water
- 1/2 cup hothouse cucumber; diced
- 1/2 cup tomato ; diced
- 2 Tablespoons red onion ; diced
- 2 green onions ; thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro ; chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno ; chopped
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
- Cook quinoa according to packaging directions, using stock or water. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa with remaining ingredients. Toss to mix thoroughly.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrients per serving: 268 calories, 6 g. protein, 34 g. carbohydrates, 3 g. fiber, 13 g. fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 483 mg. sodium
To your health.
Beth Kandell is the owner and chef at Beth’s Bountiful Bone Broth.